Monday, October 26, 2015

Mountain of Love



Recently I lost my full time job and it has taken a toll on many. Daniel took the biggest hit I do believe because of all of our debt that we are in because I am awful with managing money when I am depressed especially. I have had a lot of depression within my life the last few years and so my way of escaping is spending money while others may eat junk food. Well since I have lost my job, I definitely have seen a lot of love from those around me.
Today, we went to church, and then we ate dinner at my husband’s folks’ house, after we ate Uncle Bret and Aunt Paige took Weston to  their house (Reba spent the night at my mother’s last night) while Phillip and Gayle and Daniel and I talked through our financial future and what needs to happen. I honestly was very nervous due to the feeling that it was going to be more of an intervention meeting than what it turned out to be. His parents showed us and especially me so much love for everything and really tried getting us through and discussed what we could do. They both told us they loved us and they would help the best they could.
As we were getting ready to leave to go pick up Weston, Gayle hugs me and provides me with beautiful words and encouragement and just that mountain of love. We then leave and spend a few minutes with Bret and Paige; then I load Weston in car and sit In the car while daddy runs inside to get milk, Bret makes his way out to the car and as he approaches he jokes about Weston screaming saying oh he must be ready to go?! I said yes, he’s mad because he doesn’t have his bottle. Bret then looks at me seriously and says, “I know I haven’t said anything since the situation happened because I don’t want to be on the chew Katy’s ass train, you are my sister and I love you, but I know that you are hurting inside and Paige and I can see that and we are here to support you. We love you and we will be here for you. He is showing that mountain of love for me as his sister and he is tearing up and I am listening and crying because my heart was just melting from the amount of love that was being shown to me today. I can’t explain how blessed I am with my family and friends that I have in my life. Thank you to all of you that have given me this blessing of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment