Friday, October 30, 2015

Pretty? Self-Conscious?

Many women and even men at times will go through times in their life when they just don't feel as if they are "good looking" enough to their significant other or maybe that significant other doesn't express to them that they are good looking/sexy/beautiful, etc. Well I can admit that I feel that way a lot and it isn't completely my hubby's fault, I didn't really grow up with people telling me I was pretty or beautiful on a daily basis. In my opinion, ensuring that you tell your kids how beautiful and proud of them you are is an extreme emotional fulfillment in their little world. I really wish it would have been something I received as a child. Anyway, if you are one of those individuals that feel that way, I can honestly say that you are not alone. The reason I am writing this tonight is because it seems to be how I am feeling.

I know that I have never felt beautiful and have always been negative about myself and how I look. I have always seemed to have that "Photoshopped" body figure in my brain because of how my mother always talked about how she wanted to be skinny and blah blah and then of course my husband that has told me before that he has never "had a skinny chick" before, and of course the most obvious is the fact that he gets so "turned" on by checking out all those skinny gals either in person or on tv. So of course that doesn't help my brain/heart/soul feel any better.

Healthy living and losing weight has always been one of those things I have ALWAYS talked about and talked about but never seemed to work hard enough or have the support and encouragement to keep me going to get that "body" I have always thought I should have. So pretty much, it is mainly my fault for feeling this way due to my high expectations and such. How many of you ever feel this way, and what do you do to change your perspective? Something that I have started doing is watching different channels on YouTube about healthy living along with reading my favorite books by Unveiled Wife. My favorite book is her latest book and you can get it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment