Thursday, October 1, 2015

October means...

Yes, that's right! It is October and the Fall season is here. So what better time to sip on a yummy Pumpkin Spice Latte? Well I will say that I have never been a Starbucks fan, but I have recently received a couple of gift cards for them so I have come accustomed to their Caramel Frap and I have enjoyed their Pumpkin Spice Latte's in the past. (Man I could really drink one right now!...)

Anyway, I have found this amazing recipe on mindovermunch.com and have fell in love with it!

Ingredients
     1C light almond milk
     1T pumpkin puree
     1/2 tsp stevia (or sweetener of choice)
     1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or sub 1/4 tsp cinnamon, & pinch of nutmeg, ginger & ground cloves
     1/4 tsp cinnamon
     1/2 tsp vanilla
     1/4C espresso or coffee (depending on how strong you want it)

Procedure
* In a saucepan, whisk 1/2 of your milk with remaining ingredients (except for espresso) over medium heat
* Once it reaches a boil, turn down to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking frequently
* Stir in the remaining milk and whisk until combined, allowing to simmer for another 2 minutes
* Add espresso and simmer for a final minute, whisking until frothy
* Serve as is or use a frother to finish it off!

The best part about this recipe is it is HEALTHY!!
Nutrition Facts per Latte = 37 Calories|1g Carbs|3g Fat|1g Protein

Honestly, who can beat that amazingness? I know I can't, plus it saves you like $6 each time your are craving that pumpkin flavor on a chilly evening.

I hope you enjoy this recipe, if you like it, let me know what you think of it and make sure to head over to mindovermunch to check out the rest of her recipes, tips, & tricks!


Thanks for coming by...


No comments:

Post a Comment