Monday, November 16, 2015

Focused on Him

As I sit here doing my devotion from "Jesus Calling", I just had to share because it has really spoke to me and I feel it could speak to others as well.

"As you look at the day before you, you see a twisted, complicated path, with branches going off in all directions. Yo wonder how you can possibly find your way through that maze. Then you remember the One who is with you always, holding you by your right hand. You recall My promise to guide you with My counsel, and you begin to relax. As you look again at the path ahead, you notice that a peaceful fog has settled over it, obscuring your view. You can see only a few steps in front of you, so you turn your attention more fully to Me and begin to enjoy My Presence.

The fog is a protection for you, calling you back into the present moment. Although I inhabit all of space and time, you can communicate with Me only here and now. Someday the fog will no longer be necessary, for you will have learned keep your focus on Me and on the path just ahead of you."

 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. ---Psalm 73:23-24

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I now in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. ---1 Corinthians 13:12

Does that speak to anyone? It sure spoke to me because as I go through this difficult time in my life I seem to become less focused on Him and more focused on what I want to focus on or what Satan is trying to get me to focus on, such as all the negative things within life lately. 

It was definitely God speaking to me this morning because I have several devotional books and couldn't decide which one I wanted to open today, and He provided me that answer because this was definitely one that I needed to see.

My Prayer: Dear Lord, I want to thank you so much for all the wonderful blessings in my life. Thank you for redirecting my attention back to You and providing me that peace within my heart and soul that I have been missing. I also want to ask for this same kind of message to speak to others in my situation. Speak to my husband as well, help him to know that You are in control and all we need is to stay focused upon You. I pray this in Jesus Name, Amen.


6 comments:

  1. The fog is a protection for you...thought-provoking truth. There have been many times that, if I could have seen the events in the future, I would have panicked and lost my focus. God reveals only what we can respond to at that moment so we will be sure to keep our eyes on Him. Great thoughts, Katy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sherry! The Father only gives us what we need at the time. ONLY He knows the future and is already there to guide us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Sherry! The Father only gives us what we need at the time. ONLY He knows the future and is already there to guide us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Sherry! The Father only gives us what we need at the time. ONLY He knows the future and is already there to guide us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Jesus Calling!! Perfect choice Sister 😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Jesus Calling!! Perfect choice Sister 😘

    ReplyDelete