Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful Thoughts


Photo retrieved from here
Can you believe today is Thanksgiving already? I certainly can't. So many things have been going on in our lives this year and honestly I don't even know where to begin.

God has been driving hard in our family these days especially after losing my job in October. It was obvious to me that He had other plans for me and just decided to put His foot down. When I walked out of that door that day, I sat in my car and said, "You know what God, it is all Yours!" I am letting you have everything, I don't want to worry about what comes next, because I know you have it all under control." From that moment on, I just never felt weighed down or upset except for the fact that I knew my husband would be extremely upset. Well recently I was selected for a job at KanCare (MAXIMUS) for a 3 year contracted project and I start next Tuesday. I have had many job applications out, plus several interviews. Today I was blessed to meet with another manager of a Dillons (Kroger) entity this afternoon and she advised that since I had just recently applied for an Assistant Manager position there that she would just gather all of my information and go ahead and forward me onto the management leader of Dillons. She advised that I would be contacted by this other individual to then meet with her. Needless to say God has been seriously opening doors around our home lately.

What made it a truly "blissfully sunnyside up" day was after texting my husband about this opportunity, he replied back stating, "Great job Hun!" Followed by another text stating, "That has really helped my day a bunch!" I can't explain how thankful I was and overjoyed to see those words because with everything that has been going on, it just felt so good to receive that compliment.

I am asking for prayers about this opportunity because only God has this plan figured out and I can't wait to see what He has in store!

I am also very thankful for my husband who has been busting his booty working to ensure we make ends meet some way, somehow. Last week he worked 80 hours, yeah I didn't enjoy not having him home much, but he sure was taking care of his family. We have been so blessed through the past month with friends and family taking great care of us either by financial assistance, support, or just down right praying. That has been the greatest thing for us and to this day neither one of us plan to throw in the towel and give up on one another just because Satan is trying to wedge in. He gets so far and we quickly kick him out because he is not part of our family and never will be!

Anyway, many things this year to be Thankful for and I can't express how many things I am thankful for because I am not sure anyone would want to read a book for a blog post (hehe)!

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember to think about all those wonderful things in your life.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Sister!!! Continued prayers for ALL SITUATIONS!!!! THANKFUL FOR YOU SWEET'S: -��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. I am very thankful for you as well. Continued prayers for you as well:)

      Delete