Monday, February 8, 2016

Kitchen Challenge Complete!

Thank the Lord! I am excited to say that I have completed my first February New Habit Challenge of getting my kitchen clean and organized. If you would like to see the outcome of my hard work you can click on over here to see it!
I probably say this more than you guys want to hear or read, but I was raised in a clean environment and my mother was a perfectionist. In some ways I feel that the way she was so "perfect" in cleaning and things that she did around the house caused me to despise cleaning and what not. As I now have my own children and also as I watch different YouTube channels on mommas and what they do daily to keep up with the busy life of not only working or staying home working, cleaning, children, etc. it has motivated me to really take a step back in my life and really look at what I need to start focusing on. 
My biggest issue I have discovered about my laziness to tidy and clean routinely is my daughter will sometimes comment after tripping over a toy or what not that made her fall or trip, "Mom you didn't clean this up!" I, of course, am taken back with a bit of anger and say, um little Miss I didn't leave it out! That is when I realize that oh, well maybe if I would insist on everyone, including myself, put things away after we are done with things then we wouldn't have this issue of clutter, toys, etc. everywhere.

Please join me as I continue to work on different areas in my life and home throughout the month of February to get set in stone my new habits of life. 




2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! way to go! I think it is a great idea to get the rest of the family to start cleaning up after themselves too! Getting Reba and Weston in the habit of putting things away when they are done and even giving them simple little chores to do will go a long way in helping you out. You cant be expected to do it all by yourself and when you try to it's so easy to be overwhelmed and stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Paige, it easily makes me overwhelmed and stressed out because a lot of the time I feel as if I run behind everyone and pick up and re-pick up lol. It makes for one exhausted burned out momma:(

    ReplyDelete