Sunday, November 15, 2015

Daily Devotional: Marriage Prayer

This morning I am looking at my Unveiled Wife book and found this great marriage prayer and thought I would share.

"My Marriage Prayer"
* Must be a believer in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 6:14-16)
* Must have respect for others as well as himself/myself, especially in purity (1 Thessalonians 4:3)
* Must be motivated in his/my life pursuits (Proverbs 13:4)
* Must not contain any anger (Proverbs 22:24-25)
* Must have strength (1 Corinthians 16:13)
* Must not harbor jealousy (Proverbs 14:30)
* Must be trustworthy (Colossians 3:9-10)
* Must not be a gossiper (Proverbs 26:20)
* Must show discretion (Proverbs 3:21)
* Must pursue wisdom (Proverbs 13:20)
* Must speak good language (Proverbs 17:20; Ephesians 4:29)
* Must not be crabby (Philippians 2:14-15)
* Must have a good reputation (Proverbs 27:2)
* Must be, above all...loving (Proverbs 15:17; 1 Corinthians 13)

As I read these this morning I discovered I really need to sit down with God and pray. There are so many things on this prayer list that I need to really talk to Him about and ask for His strength and support on helping me change for the better. Making sure that I am not crabby, using good language, not gossiping, and being loving I feel are the top ones for me to work on because they seem to be a weakness for me. I struggle with using good language and being crabby seems to be a daily issue for me at some point throughout the day and then gossiping, well that is what the world is all about these days so trying to get out of that needs to be a priority on my list.

Do you see yourself struggle with any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment