Friday, November 6, 2015

Pain in Marriages


When thinking about marriage, many don't think about the pain that comes with certain situations. Not only marriages seem to have pain but so does life in general. Well lately we have run into a lot of pain within our home, some we show, some we share, some we hide, some we just can't explain.Pain is something that Satan tries to use to knock us down and pull us away from God, but when our pain started, we knew right then and there that God was in control and we had to follow Him and not allow Satan to even whisper to us. Many people have issues with that which is something we learned the hard way for sure.

So today's devotional questions brought to you by The Unveiled Wife book are as follows...

1. What are some reasons you feel your pain and frustrations about marriage is more important that those of your husbands?
     I have discovered that I have been extremely spoiled within my life and even more so when I met my husband. He continued to spoil me and that made me get that ego built up thinking I deserve everything and that no matter what I was more important. When this was all realized, I began to look at that realizing that it was true. I had never allowed myself to take a good look in the mirror and face the fact that I am not the only person living here. Have you ever had this experience or have tips on how I can work on becoming less selfish and more giving to my husband and especially to God?

2) Have you ever contemplated divorce? If so, what unwanted circumstances motivated you to consider the end of your marriage?
     Well, maybe a long time ago when I felt as if my needs were not being met and the only answer was to get out and find someone that was going to fulfill those needs. That is how so many marriages get into the tangled mess of affairs. How do I know, well I have been there. It definitely is not something I enjoy talking about or even like admitting that I did it, but honestly God made it clear that if we didn't put him first that our marriage was going to suffer. Daniel and I both were having our own issues but coming from families that didn't really communicate feelings and emotions, we didn't discuss those feelings with each other. We kept to ourselves and seemed to live our separate lives.
In the short of it, the unwanted circumstances were I was feeling neglected and not loved so I turned away from my marriage and from God and went about my sinful life.

Praise the Lord for knocking me into my senses because I am still married to my best friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment