Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Expectations in Marriage

First off I wanted to apologize for not getting my devotions up the last couple of days but with my husband being gone for the last two days, I wasn't able to focus much on my social media stuff. Now that he is home, I can start getting back to my (soon to be) routine of blogging.

First we are looking at expectations within marriages...
1) In what ways do your unmet expectations affect your attitude toward your husband? Toward God?
My unmet expectations cause my attitude to be extremely rude and disrespectful to my husband. I feel he doesn’t provide me the attention that I want. I want that man that wants to be in love and show love. I feel he is just there and that he is just my roommate because we hardly talk, touch, kiss, anything. I hate feeling like this and not having the intimacy with him in our conversation or in the bedroom. So many things are different now that we have kids and life has become stressful. My attitude with God, well I don’t know that I have an attitude but I certainly don’t confide in Him or open my heart to Him like I should.

2) Have you suffered silently in church? If so, what motivated you to hide your pain from others?
I have sat in church and went to church and put on that face of happiness even though I know in my heart that Daniel and I have just got done arguing or having an issue before walking in. I don’t like others to see my pain or frustration so I fake happiness. Especially around his family.

Take a look at these two questions and see what comes to you when you actually sit and think about them. I do have more questions but wanted to get you started with these  so you can see what to expect in future posts. I look forward to hearing from you and your thoughts or even advice on how you handle expectations within your marriage.

Have a blessed evening.

2 comments:

  1. I have learned recently that when we depend on our husbands to satisfy those feelings, we will always be disappointed. God did not design our husbands to do that. The only one who can fully satisfy us is God himself, and when we turn to our husbands to try to find joy we are not turning to God first like we should be. So when I get frustrated with Bret, I have come to realize that usually its because of my own selfish needs that I am expecting him to do even though it's something only God can do and that's not fair to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great point Paige. Sometimes (a lot of the time for me) we get lost in our selfish characteristics that we "play" unfair to them and expect way too much that isn't something required of them. Thank you for commenting and placing your input. It definitely helps.

      Delete