Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2016: Where I OVERCOME...

I have been a blogger here and there for several years and I am a faithful follower of a good friend of mine Joyfully Smitten's blog and she has done this for the last five years where she has chosen a word that fits her needs in life. It isn't a word that is just pulled out of nowhere, this is a word that has actually been laid upon her heart by God. It might be a word that he lays there to open her eyes to something, or something she may need to work on, etc. In 2016, @joyfullysmitten has been given the word "Thrive". I can't tell you what this word means to her, but if you check out her post about why this word is so important, it might give you something to think about for yourself...



Well I have done this one other time (that I can remember as a blogger). Since 2016 has officially started, God has laid a special word on my heart that is something I need in my life for the year. My word is OVERCOME. I have been given this word by God because there are so many things I know that I should overcome throughout the year, that maybe he has tried telling me but I seem to be too hard headed in listening.

Overcoming different obstacles or challenges within my life has been something I have a real hard time at accomplishing for myself. God laid this on my heart knowing what he knows and knowing that I would finally pay attention with the start of a new year (in my opinion). This word came to me several weeks ago and it was something I knew was meant to be; something I was supposed to focus on and especially work on.

I have started listing down things in my journal in which I would like to see myself overcome in 2016, of course the biggest is what everyone seems to put on their new year's resolution list...get fit/healthy! I know I put this on mine yearly but never seem to accomplish what it takes to get there. Thanks to our wonderful Father above, he is giving me that motivation, that spark, that mindset that I CAN OVERCOME my weight issue, my lazy personality, my sadness about my self image! He is truly an amazing God and I can't explain how excited I am to start overcoming the different things on my list for the year!

Do you have a word or phrase that is special to you for this new year of 2016? Would you like to join me on my journey of becoming fit?

I am thinking that with this new plan for the year, I may use YouTube to vlog my fitness and connect with you! Does that sound like a great plan? If so, I would love to hear from you.


2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to share my post! I think overcome is a really great word for you. And I look forward to seeing what 2016 has in store for you, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend:) I also decided to "copy" you and get an "Overcome" necklace from @kraftykash I can't wait to get it:)

      Delete