Saturday, February 20, 2016

When You Feel Like You are Spinning

Do you ever get that feeling that you are spinning in circles? Well this momma does for sure. I work full time outside of the home, then when I come home I have a long list of things to get done before bed, which never seem to get finished. Then I wake up the next day and do it all over again. The problem is, when I accomplish one thing the night before, it is already time to re-do it the next night. I would love to say I have a family that helps momma pick up and do things but sadly (not totally complaining...I love you hunnie) I don't. Usually it is the "if I want something done, I guess I will have to do it myself" feeling we get. For me it isn't even the doing it "right" kind of thing, it is more of "just doing it" kind of thing.

As long as I can remember I never had a good sense of good home organization or tidiness even though I grew up with a mother that was totally a "perfectionist" when it came to things. I guess I never allowed myself to "learn" it. Well I have my own family now and of course like most, I dreamt of that great "Disney" like family where the mother stays home and takes care of the kids and the home while the dad works all day, then when he comes home dinner is ready and we all sit down to eat then I would clean everything up he would play with the kids then we would do a family nightly routine together and off to bed............. Well it isn't, but that is okay because God put us all together for a purpose; wired us all differently, etc. I have a wonderful husband that works hard all day long, I work outside the home all day long and when we get home with the kids at night it seems like a rush of an evening where I start dinner, kids play in the living room or their room while daddy watches TV. After dinner, I work on getting the kids in the bath as quick as possible so they can be winding down for bed. Once I get Weston to bed, I proceed to clean up the mess from dinner while Reba rocks with daddy in the recliner watching TV until she falls asleep. By the time that girl falls asleep I am usually in our room winding down myself doing my blog posts, watching YouTube, and doing my time with the Lord. Now I crash, leaving them out in the living room. Our routine of bedtime is totally chaotic, I hate it, and I don't know how to change it....

Friday, I worked nine and a half hours which by the time afternoon came around, I was pretty well fried. I had nothing left and all I could do was think about sleeping but as soon as I felt that feeling, then here came my "to-do's" flying through my head. Oh dear was that the most un-relaxing feeling. As a momma that is completely disorganized at home and lazy, my house is a disaster and I need help. My head is about to spin off my shoulders.

With that all being thrown out there, today I have my to-do list of what I want to accomplish in only one room. I need to focus on one room otherwise I start here, then there, then back here, and so on. The only way to get anything accomplished is to stay focused. This morning I have a photo shoot but after that I will be getting things done. More than likely I will be vlog my day and upload for you to see my progress and how the day went.

My question for you is...what tips do you have for a stubborn child(ren) bedtime routine?




No comments:

Post a Comment